Notch got his last update for the Minecraft 1.6.x series out this morning, releasing version 1.6.6! He says he will be working just on the 1.7 update starting now, but he also has E3 coming up as well, so it probably wont be released all that soon.
Here are the patch notes as shown on Notch’s blog:
* Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it
* Made glowstone drop more loot
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2×2 instead of 3×3)
* Re-introduced unlimited FPS, renamed the option again
* Fixed beds not working very well at all in SMP
* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground
* Boats float up to the surface quicker
* Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast
* Removed Herobrine
Got my server updated, and now we can all look forward to 1.7, the adventuring update! I’m pretty excited to see what it will all bring.
Until then, everyone enjoy having a nice nap on your SMP servers and now’s the time to get some glowstone! Too bad I’d already mined so much!
EDIT: The new use for bonemeal is fertilizing grass to make wheatgrass grow (the new long grass that drops wheat seeds for farming). Occasionally a flower will grow instead of the wheatgrass.